Thursday, March 26, 2009

Save money on airline tickets

When is the last time you took a vacation? How did you get your plane tickets? When I tell people that I'm going to vacation all I hear is "travelocity", "cheap tickets" or "orbitz". I can honestly say that I have NEVER saved money using these sites (hotels are a different story. I have never tried any other option). Don't even go to the airlines web page. CALL the airline companies! The last airline ticket I bought was $300 cheaper than any web site had to offer. When you call the airline company they are going to find every discount they can to sell you a ticket. Try it...prove me wrong! The airline company I found to be the cheapest has been Southwest. I flew my daughter out for Christmas and by calling the company I saved over $800 over the other companies. My daughter is a minor so I had to pry the hidden cost out of the other airline companies (like $75 for putting her on the plane and $75 for taking her off of the plane). Southwest was $0! Find out the hidden cost before committing!


2 comments:

KC said...

Great info. Will definitely do this next time we fly.

KC said...

Site is looking good by the way.